Dark and exciting, Galdoni pushes the boundaries of love in a world of violence.
Galdoni will be a series. I have the second book in outline form and am excited to start working on it.
I make playlists that inspire the emotions I try to capture within each book. The following songs made the playlist for Galdoni:
- A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds to Mars
- One by One by Unkle Bob
- All the Way Down by Glen Hansard from Once
- Hold Me Down by Tommy Lee
- Freak on a Leash by Korn featuring Amy Lee Unplugged
- Somewhere in Between by Lifehouse
- Falling to Pieces by Firewind
- A Modern Myth by 30 Seconds to Mars
- Hold On by JET
- Breathe In Breathe Out by Mat Kearney
- Sway by The Perishers
- Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
- Shackled by Vertical Horizon
- Cardiff by Stone Sour
- Gone by Matt Nathanson
- High Wire Escape Artist by Boysetsfire
- Strange & Beautiful (I’ll Put a Spell On You) by Aqualung
- Aftermath by Hurt
- You Found Me by The Fray
The wind falls dry and broken on my face; I close my eyes and feel my loneliness erase. I open my wings and believe that I can fly; But faith is bare and I almost dare to die.
Just walk away now, leave my body broken on the ground; Don’t hesitate, turn and walk away without a sound. My soul is torn, as my blood flows swiftly down. My vision clouds as the darkness bears me down.
Wings without the wind have no more grace; Tears upon the rain tear the sorrow from my face. I’m begging please, for the strength to leave this place; For I am broke, I leave steps without a trace.
My heart breaks and the void consumes my soul; I step forward and throw myself into the hole. My wings catch, then break without a sound; I smile as the sadness bears me down.
Smashed and broken, I lie upon the ground; Useless wings, by faith no longer bound. The sun fades and leaves a chill upon my skin. I release my soul and let the darkness in.
Then a light shines dimly in my mind; I hear a whisper, a voice so soft and kind. Raise up, don’t give in to the fight; Open your wings and chase away the night.
I stand with what strength I know not; And find my wings of fire and iron wrought; I take a breath and lift into the sky; And find that through the grace of love I fly.